You can tell a person by the shoes they wear, so says a popular proverb. Choosing a good pair of shoes is one of the most time-consuming personal activities. Chelsea boots for men are more than just footwear, as they have a history of over 200 years. They are part of the English style for men.
Characterized by their versatility, comfort, and grip, these qualities make these boots an essential part of a man’s closet. Without further ado, get to know the Chelsea boots, created just for people who, like you, want to live with personality.
The story of a boot named Chelsea
The origin of this wonderful footwear has its roots in English royalty. The Chelsea boots date back to 1837, at first, its creator, J. Sparkes-Hall, the shoemaker of the Court of Queen Victoria of England, thought about the comfort and beauty that Her Majesty should wear when riding.
As expected, success came immediately. Queen Victoria wore them almost daily. This was a source of pride for the court shoemaker, so much so that he patented the shoe design. Until the early 1900s, London and European aristocrats wore this type of shoe. It was the ultimate in fashion and glamour throughout Europe.
These boots feature innovative designs and materials: no braids and elastic side bands. Vulcanized rubber, invented by Charles Goodyear, allowed footwear to be more flexible when walking and adapted to modern times.
The famous Chelsea boots for British rock stars
During the 60s, these boots were back in the fashion world thanks to John Lennon and Paul McCartney. In 1961 The Beatles bought this shoe, but they asked for them to be customized, and the heel was modified. The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan also made them their favorites.
In the 60s urban fashion begins to boom, Chelsea boots are the most sought-after, as they are easy to wear and adapt to any street or casual style. They are so famous that they become part of the military corps such as the U.S. Navy and the big screen Hollywood movies.
From classic design to a minimalist style
These legendary English design boots have been evolving since their creation. Since their inception, they have retained the two characteristics that make them unmistakable: no braids and elastic sides. However, the footwear has undergone modifications in the following areas:
- Types of material: when it comes to footwear fashion, Chelsea boots are made of different types of leather: leather and semi-leather or suede and with stitching, i.e. with exposed or hidden stitching.
- Casual or elegant styles: we can also find variations in heel height: high heels, ideal for formal meetings, or low heels for the unmistakable casual style. In its variants: amphibious or with the platform. Chelsea models can have round or square-toe heels. The choice will depend on the occasion.
- Variety of colors: the palette of shades is endless, you can find them in black, gray, brown, beige, white, and burgundy.
- Contemporary style: furthermore, the combination of the elastic bands and the color of the boots creates unique, contemporary, youthful, and fun styles. Thus, we find models of black Chelsea boots with yellow elastic bands “the rock version” or with red or acid green elastic bands “Amsterdam version”.
Chelsea boots fit the comfortable minimalist lifestyle. They are designed in such a way that they are stripped of unnecessary accessories and use only the indispensable and best quality materials. Good leather, beautiful colors, and a comfortable design that allows you to put them on quickly and take them off without a hitch.
Beatles or Chelsea boots are the perfect outfits for today’s man.
These boots have infinite combinations. Practically, the entire closet lends itself to multiple mixtures with different items of clothing. The shoes, well combined with the clothes, can make your style look great.
- Elegant style: this outfit is ideal for the moments in which a very important work activity must be carried out, such as business meetings, conferences, etc. Formal cut pants with a non-light fabric. The shirt should be accompanied by a classic blazer. With this outfit, the Chelsea boot must be made of leather or suede in black or dark brown. In this style there is the option of the tie, you can wear it or leave it. A refined and chic style like the actor Rami Malek.
- Casual style: for your day-to-day life or for a meeting with friends. Light-colored jeans and a white flannel or a light-colored shirt will be combined with an amphibian Chelsea. If not, a pair of Beatles with a round toe, in brown suede, will complete your Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp style.
- Rock style: nothing better than the “Rolling Stone” to make this outfit shine. All in black. Black jeans, black flannel, and a mandatory leather jacket of the same style. All this black will be combined with a black leather Chelsea or a brown suede Chelsea. But, if you prefer the rebel style, the Chelsea should have elastic bands in yellow or acid green. With this outfit, you will be like Keanu Reeves.
- Smart style: this is an open style. A light-colored loose-fitting T-shirt, preferably with blue shades, blue jeans shorts with torn edges, black leather belt, and the classic dark brown leather Chelsea with thin rubber sole. The heel should be low. Accessories are reduced to a sports watch and wonderful sunglasses.